Wednesday, 12 July 2017

13 July 2017

Dear Parents,

Today the children explored and read two stories in class based on a different perspective. The first book was 'The True Story of the Three Little Pigs' which is a story retold in the voice of the Big Bad Wolf, showing his side of the story. Then we looked at the STELLAR reader ' There is a boy under the bed' which showed a monster being frightened because there was a boy under his bed. Once again, the children learnt how the story is being told from another perspective.

Their homework today is to provide a reasonable ending paragraph to the story as the story did not have a confirmed ending. We have explored various versions in class and the children were asked to write their proposed ending to the story on foolscap paper. I have attached the photographs that I have taken to show you the story that we have read twice in class, in the event that you may need to let your child review and recall to write the ending.

I have also collected yesterday's homework worksheets. (Note: For the children who have not completed their homework, I have asked them to submit tomorrow.)

P.S. I have also returned the spelling / dictation to your child for corrections and your signature. To be returned to me tomorrow.

Thank you.
Have a wonderful day!
Ow Yeong (Dr)





No comments:

Post a Comment