Tuesday, 29 August 2017

29 August 2017

Dear 3G Parents,

Your child was given 2 pieces of holiday homework today. In order to encourage your child to have an interest in writing, I have set up a competition for them to produce 2 stories (each based on the given writing worksheet - one on an enjoyable trip and one on a time when you were disappointed) during the holidays. They can either write in their best handwriting or type. I have informed them that I will be giving prizes to the best 5 entries for each piece of writing, and if there are more excellent entries, there will be more prizes given. They MUST write based on one of the given pictures in the worksheets and I hope that they can work on their pieces of writing and try to improve upon them during the holidays. They can present in a book format or just as a piece of writing on foolscap or plain paper, or on a coloured paper. The purpose is to get the children to write and yet include a fun element. It is hoped that your child will try to write two good pieces of writing during this break.  I have already given them their Spelling list. It is a consolidated list that has taken into account the spelling words missed due to the Term Reviews.

Here's wishing your child a Happy September holiday.
Thank you.
Have a good day.
Ow Yeong (Dr)

No comments:

Post a Comment